The new year is all about trying something new, and for many people Veganuary is a great way to switch up their your habits.
If going vegan is something you’ve always been interested in, or perhaps you’d just like to dip your toe into a different way of cooking, then going vegan for the first month of the year can make for a fun challenge.
For some, it can just be a small step in reducing the amount of meat you eat and trialling a meat-free Monday, and others may be willing to try something more drastic! Whichever you decide to try SuperValu has everything you need in-store.
They have lots of healthy recipes available online from the Happy Happy Pear if you’re looking for inspiration for mid-week meals or an indulgent fakeaway to cook at the weekend. Plus, there are so many delicious new plant-based products available in all of their stores to explore, so you should find it easy to make the switch this year.
For a simple recipe to get you started, we love The Happy Pear’s recipe for Immunity Boosting Berry Loaded Overnight Oats. Quick and straightforward to prepare, these also make early mornings a breeze with a delicious breakfast waiting for you in the fridge!
For the Compote;
- 300g frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp water
For the Overnight Oats;
- 20g chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 700ml oat drink
- 250g porridge oats
- 40g raisins
For the Topping;
- 200ml coconut yogurt
- 50g flaked almonds
- 125g fresh berries
- Mix all the ingredients together for the overnight oats and leave to soak in the fridge for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Add all the compote ingredients to a medium pot and bring to a simmer over a medium heat. Simmer for 10 minutes, remove from the heat, set aside to cool fully.
- To Serve: We like to serve these in clear glasses where we can see the layers.
- At the bottom of each glass add the berry compote (divide the amount between 4 glasses).
- Next divide up the overnight pats, followed by some berries, a generous dollop of coconut yogurt, some more berries and top with some flaked almonds.
To check out more of SuperValu’s healthy recipes go online or head in-store to explore their extensive range of healthy options for you to kick start your new year and your healthy restart.
For more of their plant based offers available now click here.
For their full brochure full or recipes and plant based inspiration click here.